Arizona is delivering on the commitment to provide teachers with 20 percent pay raises by school year 2020. Last year, following an investment of $305 million new dollars for teacher raises in the fiscal year 2019 budget, school districts across the state came through with 10% or higher in teacher raises.
In his 2019 State of the State address, Governor Ducey said:
"It was just eight months ago we delivered a 20 percent pay raise to our hardworking teachers... Half of this commitment was added last fall, with some school leaders going even further… These are raises teachers earned and they are raises we are going to fulfill and protect.”
With $165 million provided in the fiscal year 2020 budget, school districts continue to make good on Arizona’s 20x2020 commitment, providing 5% raises for teachers this year.
Below is a list of districts that have already announced plans to meet the second phase of 20 percent teacher pay raises by 2020:
- Altar Valley Elementary District: Altar Valley Elementary District plans to give 5% raise to teachers. (LINK)
- Arlington Elementary School District: Arlington Elementary School District plans to give 5% raises to teachers. (LINK)
- Benson Unified School District: Benson Unified School District approved 5% raises for teachers, 2% raises for classified staff, and 2% raises for administrative classified staff in addition to raises for bus drivers. (LINK)
- Catalina Foothills School District: Catalina Foothills School District plans to give 5% pay raises for teachers and certified staff. (LINK)
- Chandler Unified School District: Chandler Unified School District plans to give 5% raises to teacher and an additional 3% raises for certified employees and 5% raises for support staff. (LINK)
- Yuma Union High School District: Yuma Union High School District approved a 10% raise for teachers and 7% raises for hourly employees and administrators. (LINK)
- Scottsdale Unified School District: Scottsdale Unified School District approved a 5% raise for teachers and all district employees. (LINK)
- Mingus Union School District: Mingus Union School District proposed a 6% raises for teachers. (LINK)
- Camp Verde Unified School District: Camp Verde Unified School District approved 6% raises for teachers. (LINK)
- Clarkdale-Jerome School District: Clarkdale-Jerome School District plans to give teachers 6% raises. (LINK)
- Payson Unified School District: Payson Unified School District plans to provide 5% raises to teachers. (LINK)