Governor Ducey today will join Benchmark Electronics, a global engineering and electronics manufacturing company, for the grand opening of the its new corporate headquarters in Tempe, Arizona. Benchmark will bring 500 new jobs to the state. Today concludes the company’s nearly two year relocation from Texas.
Benchmark’s move to Arizona expands its engineering capability through a partnership with Arizona State University and positions the company near its growing aerospace and defense customers.
Benchmark’s relocation is the latest expansion in Arizona’s drive to become a “jobs juggernaut.”
Read more on Arizona’s booming job growth →
- Arizona added 280,200 new private sector jobs since 2015, bringing private sector job growth to nearly 13 percent.
- Arizona had the fourth largest increase in total jobs and ranked third among states for growth in total labor force size during 2018.
- Forbes ranked Arizona as a top five state for growth prospects in 2018, and Robert Half Technology projects the Phoenix area to be top threein the U.S. for tech hiring in 2019.
- Arizona’s technology sector directly contributes an estimated $28.5 billion to the state’s economy — and supports over 237,000 jobs.
- Arizona is home to over 8,500 technology companies with top technology sectors including technology manufacturing, IT and custom software services and telecommunications and internet services.
SOURCE: Arizona Commerce Authority, Computing Technology Industry Association, “Cyberstates 2018.”