Focus Is On New Education Initiatives and Public Engagement
PHOENIX – Governor Doug Ducey today announced the realignment of the Arizona Governor’s Office of Education, previously the Governor’s Office of Education Innovation, to focus on Governor Ducey’s education initiatives.
The office’s website, launched today, will create an additional forum to share information on the work of the office and to solicit public input on a variety of education policy initiatives.
“Education and the economy are two of the most important issues facing Arizona, and there’s no question a thriving economy depends on a well-educated, capable workforce,” said Governor Ducey. “As we work to improve educational results in Arizona and ensure all students have access to the high-quality education they deserve, the Office of Education will be instrumental in guiding the policy initiatives related to our efforts.”
In addition to sharing information on the administration’s education efforts, the office will be responsible for:
- Providing staff support to the Classrooms First Initiative Council;
- Administering the Arizona Public Schools Achievement District;
- Establishing a statewide public engagement plan to promote Arizona’s high quality schools and best practices;
- Assisting in efforts to gather statewide public input on new academic standards;
- Soliciting grants to support key education initiatives;
- Coordinating the Council on the Education for Military Children.
For more information on the Arizona Governor’s Office of Education, please visit: www.education.azgovernor.gov.